May 19, 2014

[A-P Originals] My ISP sucks!

Note: This is an unaltered blog originally written for Anime-Planet. Originally published in October 31st, 2011.
The information/opinions may or may not be outdated and nothing has been edited compared to the original version.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you satisfied with your ISP (Internet service provider) and what rating would you give your ISP out of 5? Well when it comes to me - I f**king hate my ISP and the rating I would give is 0/5. Besides the fact that speed’s just as fast as dead horse, the main issue is instability.

Most of the time my crap Internet will work just fine, I can play games online without having any lag, I can browse Internet and watch videos with a breeze and not having to worry about bandwidth or anything like that.

But then there are days like today, my Internet works like crap, that is, if we assume that it works at all. During a span of 30 minutes my Internet connection disappeared at least 20 times. And then it’s back up running after about 6-7 seconds of disappearance. There is no reason for it to disappear, I’d understand if there was a storm outside but the weather is absolutely fine so what reason my ISP company has to not provide me with stable Internet connection that I PAID FOR.

Normally what would a person who’s unsatisfied with his ISP do? Change the ISP right? Well tough luck because it just so happens that this is the only ISP in my local area. Sure there are alternatives such as cellphone internet connection which as far as I know is even worse in terms of stabilty and is expensive as shit. So I’m stuck with this unreliable, unstable, all around crap ISP just because it’s the best one (more like only one) available in my area...
.
.
.
.
.
And no, I don't live in a forest or middle of a field, just so you know.

2 comments:

  1. Same situation here. I pretty much stay away from going online, when I know it's gonna be one of those days. I'd probably give mine a 2/5 or so. When I'm at my brothers college and stay there, internet is perfect. Same at my college, its so smooth... Not so much at home. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard to say what i would rate my ISP since i bought the second most expensive package they have which does pretty good (but eats your money like a hungry pig), I guess i would give the internet a 4/5 but the customer service of the company -45/5. Want to cancel your subscription? Tough luck, wait on call hold for around a month before an operator picks up, only to transfer you to someone who "is better able to handle the situation", who then offers you a few thousand other packages with "better" deals. Send them an email? You get a boatload of spam in return.

    Correction in your post:

    "Are you satisfied with your ISP (*Internet service pukes*)?"

    ReplyDelete