May 19, 2014

[A-P Originals] Long-ass blogs

Note: This is an unaltered blog originally written for Anime-Planet. Originally published in April 14th, 2012.
The information/opinions may or may not be outdated and nothing has been edited compared to the original version.
_________________________________________________________________________________


I've noticed I suffer from writing excessively long and arguably boring blogs. It makes no sense because when I'm asked to write an essay at school I can't even bring myself to write 250 words while with blogs on this site I tend to go over 500 word mark.

My last blog which is called 'Pokemon vs Digimon' is a great example of my writing problem. It's incredibly long as it is but would you believe that I actually scrapped 1/3 of the blog? I even was considering to split the blog into 2 parts at first…

2 comments:

  1. Hey don't torture yourself over this. There is a difference between writing a 6 page essay on Karl Marx and writing about something you enjoy (anime, manga, games, politics etc). Just make sure your blogs have humor in them or they can look too professional. We don't want to be reading reports now do we? Anyways i think your blogs are perfectly fine, i mean, did you see the quality of many of the other blogs on this site? Seriously they make me want to cry and pull my here. This is the average user blog here:

    *Blog Start*

    Hi my name is noobblogger. I like Ichigo cuz he has big sword hurr durr

    *Blog End*

    You my friend have a good blog streak. Keep it up and write blogs as long as you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a 500 word limit? Guess now I know. lol

    But yeah, I totally agree with MOJ. It makes sense to write more about something you enjoy and want to voluntarily write about. I haven't read any of your blogs until now... This one!! xD But I'll read a blog to the end if there is humor laced throughout. ^_^

    ReplyDelete